Tunamaya Beach & Spa Resort - Tioman Island
26 March 2019
- Stain-grade, trim work, hang doors, drill and set door hardware, set windows, layout for stairs and common rafters etc.
- Read blueprints, mathematical and analytical skills are necessary to do material estimates.
- Maintains general mathematical skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Ability to work with carpentry tools and materials.
- Should be able to lift and manipulate objects of up to 80 lbs as and when required.
- Possesses extensive knowledge of the carpentry trade as well as repair and maintenance of the property.
- Always keep the work area clean and well organised.
- Climbs ladders to reach raised areas and works from scaffolding.
- Operates various types of woodworking machines and electrical hand tools.
- Maintains physical stamina and proper mental attitude to deal effectively with guests, management, and other employees.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines set for each tasks.
- Repair and replace items such as furniture, wall coverings, acoustical ceiling panels, gypsum board, masonry or any other miscellaneous tasks such as wooden polishing etc.
- Designs, cuts, build and assemble wooden parts or furniture as requested.
- Assemble and set prefabricated pieces.
- Repairs and rebuilds various objects in wood, cardboard, PVC, etc.
- Assemble, disassemble and repair hydraulic locking arms, locks, boards, doors, furniture, wooden shelves.
- Installs coating montages on doors, frames and desks.
- Maintain inventory of supplies needed to perform the job functions.
- Assist housekeeping and engineering staffs during room preventive maintenance.
- Keep track of repairs made or areas that need more attention.
- Keep communication open between guests, management and service tasks.
- Report to management on major repairs and items that can’t be repaired for further action.
- Perform general maintenance work or other tasks assigned by management.
- Comply with the General Regulations Employee Manual and other policies and procedures to ensure the safety and efficiency of the operation of the Hotel.
- Handle additional duties as needed by guests or management