Chef de Partie ( Western / Asian / Chinese )
Tunamaya Beach & Spa Resort - Tioman Island
03 January 2018
- Manage, organize and ensure the smooth running of your section of the kitchen.
- To maintain a good working relationship with all colleagues and other departments.
- To report daily to the Head Chef or Executive Chef and cooperate with other members of the Kitchen Team.
- Ensure adequacy of supplies at the cooking stations.
- Prepare ingredients that should be frequently available (vegetables, spices etc.)
- Follow the guidance of the Executive Chef or Sous Chef and have input in new ways of presentation or dishes.
- Put effort in optimizing the cooking process with attention to speed and quality.
- Enforce strict health and hygiene standards.
- Help to maintain a climate of smooth and friendly cooperation.
- Follow verbal instructions given by the Executive Chef / Sous Chef at all times.
- Ensures that all acquired items are ready to go, well before service.
- Takes a professional interest in constantly maintaining a high standard of food preparation by checking food for taste, temperature and visual appeal.
- Ensures all dishes are uniform in content, taste, presentation and established portion sizes are adhered to.
- Ensures that goods and food items are stored in the correct manner, which prevents contamination and minimizes food spoilage.
- To maintain an organized, clean and hygienic work area.
- To ensure that fridges, storage and working areas are cleaned maintained, ensuring that chemicals are used according to manufacturer’s instructions and with minimum wastage.
- Leave the work area clean and organized; then hands over to incoming shift workers.
- Reports any equipment malfunctioning and problems to the Sous Chef.
- Makes every attempt to prevent any damage, breakage, theft or loss of Hotel’s property.
- Assist in reducing the overall food cost within given guidelines as well as other kitchen related expenses by controlling requisitions and maintaining adequate stock levels.
- Makes suggestions to the Executive Chef concerning improvement’s which lead to a higher guest satisfaction and overall departmental profit.
- Reports to the Executive Chef for correct disciplinary action to be taken against staff, to professionally maintain a high level of staff moral and discipline.
- Informs and consults the Sous Chef of any problems, discrepancies and happenings with the kitchen operation.
- To order items from the stores or production rooms and double check the requisitions, must do a physical check of the kitchen stock.
- All requisitions must be filled out the day before issuing; must be signed by the Executive Chef.
- To report for duty punctually, wearing the correct uniform, nametag and neat grooming.
- Be fully conversant with health & safety, fire & emergency procedures.
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene, dress, uniform and body language.
- Be polite and professional in any situation where the image of the Hotel is represented.
- To use and store kitchen equipment according to departmental procedure and/or manufacturer’s instructions, and in a manner which ensures minimum breakage and loss.
- To attend all scheduled training, even if this falls outside of regular working hours.
- To attend briefings and meetings as requested.
- To attend any team building and extra-curricular sporting activities as requested.