Tunamaya Beach & Spa Resort - Tioman Island
17 March 2017
- Min. 2 years of experience in a Managerial Role
- Min. 3 years of experience as a Therapist (Esthetics or Massage)
- Min. 3 - 5 years customer service experience – preferably in the hospitality industry
Roles And Esponsibilities
- Responsible for the overall management and performance of the Spa, ensuring high standards of professionalism, customer service and optimum financial performance.
- Prepare monthly financial and statistical reports for the Director of Operations, incorporating proposals and recommendations regarding policy and operation at the Spa, occupancy and usage, market share and achievement of targets.
- Monitor spa performance, linking results with sales and marketing activities.
- Establish and ensure a cost effective wage structure based on productivity and efficiency
- Develop an annual budget and business plan for the Spa, in conjunctions with the Director of Operations and to be responsible for the achievements and regular review of the business plan and budget
- To do and report monthly inventory to Director of Operations and Finance
- To ensure the cleanliness of premises, masseuse and equipment use at all times
- Capable to plan and organized well the schedule and to ensure all request attended too along the guideline set by the resort
- Capable to do up selling and marketing for a potential guests
- Able to do all the treatment as per list if needed
- Liaise with those responsible for Sales and Marketing within the hotel to prepare and develop the marketing plans for the year. Coordinate all promotional plans and projects for the facility
- Effectively integrate the Spa within the resort Marketing Strategy and ensure ongoing representation of the Spa, both internally and externally
- Lead the planning and implementation of marketing activities within the Spa, with support from the resort’s organisation
- Conduct regular competitive analysis
- Orders equipment with Director of Operations’s approval
- Responsible for preparation of duty roster in accordance with local law requirements and departmental business needs
- Utilise leadership skills and motivation to maximise employee productivity and satisfaction
- Develop an annual training plan with Spa Supervisor and Therapist and ensure that all employees are trained and developed to meet the needs of the business
- Ensure that good practice is applied to all issues in relation to employee and ensure that all resort HR policies and procedures are follower
- Motivate, encourage and drive the team, and to maintain the correct level of professional and qualified personnel, overseeing all facilities and activities within the Spa
- Responsible for instigating progressive, professional and well-organised training and assessment of staff and to conduct performance appraisals as required (oversee weekly schedules, attendance sheets, and sick leave and holiday arrangements)
- Monitors all membership sales, and tries to up sell facility
- Create and maintain relations with spa guests through having an active presence in spa reception and other key guest areas
- Collate guest feedback received from survey and communicate with team
- Hold regular meetings and create strong relationships with key resort departments such as Front Office, Housekeeping and Maintenance
- Ensure that the facility is adequately manned at all times
- Responsible for Opening/Closing Procedures when on duty
- Set an example at all times in standards of professionalism, attitude and appearance as required from the staff
- Knowledge of type of massaged.
- Proficient with computers including Microsoft Office.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Director of Operations.
- Excellent oral and communication skills.
- Dependable with the ability to work a flexible schedule including overtime nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Current CPR & First Aid an asset.