· Able to work flexible schedule including holidays, weekends or longer than 8 hrs. days if needed
· Must be able to be reached by phone after normal hours 24/7 and may need to come into hotel and commercial lots to tend to emergencies
· Perform basic upkeep throughout the property for all rooms and common areas
· Has general knowledge of procedures for repairing and/or replacing all types of plumbing equipment wallboard, painting, wall vinyl, carpentry, carpet cleaning, etc.
· Maintains basic upkeep of all areas by ensuring all furniture, fixtures, door locks and electrical equipment are in working order
· Makes systematic checks on all guest room electrical appliances, circuits, televisions, refrigerators, and light fixtures; must be able to repair most in-room deficiencies to ensure items are in working order
· Locates and corrects in-room heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC) or packaged terminal air conditioning (PTAC) malfunctions and adjusting HVAC/PTAC units to include systems and control checks; Repair or replace these units as needed.
· Inspect, maintain and clean hotel’s exterior areas, the swimming pool, whirlpool/spa, commercials lots and parking lot.
· Be familiar with all major shut off stations including water, electric, sprinkler, fire alarm.
· Report requests for major repairs to Director of Operations.
· Maintains tools, workspaces, equipment, property exterior and grounds to assure cleanliness.
· Utilizes basic hand and power tools required for general maintenance.
· Completes Preventive Maintenance program checklist and maintenance records.
· Prepares requisitions for replacement of bench, stock items, locates and purchases materials needed for emergency repairs, provides administration of outside maintenance contract activity of major systems (i.e. elevators, fire alarm, trash)
· Assist Director of Operations in determining capital requests, and managing contracts for capital projects
· Assures implementation of International Hotel policies, standard and procedure for:
· Energy Conservation and control.
· Fire prevention and other life safety programs Physical security programs.
· Effective preventive and routine maintenance planning and schedules Maintenance systems and procedures Inspection and staff supervision.
· POMEC labour standards and labour cost controls.
· Appearance and housekeeping of all engineering workshop and related spaces.
· Responsible for the proper organization and functioning of the maintenance and repair function of the POMEC Department.
· Through proper programming and scheduling determine routine and preventive maintenance schedules and assure their implementation.
· Support initiate programs for the improvement of procedures and the reduction of costs.
· Analysis and monitors maintenance and repair operations and expenditures for his department.
· Receives and analyses feedback information from the shift engineering to permit. Recommendations to the General Manager new policies and procedures for economical operation and maintenance.
· Reviews proposed Capital Expenditures Authorization on request (CEA forms) pertaining to POMEC prior to the Director of Operations’ submission to the General Manager.
· Attend Engineering departments’ meetings.
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Oversees the coordination of building space allocation and layout, communication services, and facility expansion.
· Plans budgets and schedules facility modifications, including cost estimates.
· Inspects construction and installation progress.
· Initiates planned maintenance programs for a variety of office equipment.
· Manages the receiving function.
· Manages preventive maintenance of facility equipment, including HVAC and office equipment.
· Oversees the cleaning and maintenance of facility.
· Develops and administers the annual budget.