Food & Beverage Manager
Tunamaya Beach & Spa Resort - Desaru Coast
26 September 2019
- To ensure the prompt and efficient service of all meals, snacks, functions and beverages to the required standards.
- To ensure that profit margins are maintained, agreed costs are not exceeded through effective control systems, including issuing against dockets, sales analysis, and menu costing and cash checks.
- To ensure that restaurants are clean and well maintained that table appointments, including flower arrangements are impeccable.
- To ensure that waiters are always correctly and smartly dressed, that they offer professional and courteous service to their customers.
- To ensure that bars and cloakrooms are clean and stocked with the stipulated requirements.
- To ensure that barmen and room service staffs are well trained, correctly and smartly dressed and serve their customers in a professional and friendly manner.
- To ensure that room service orders are executed promptly and that they comply with the required standards.
- To ensure the efficient running of the banqueting department and that all banqueting rooms, including cloakrooms, are clean and tidy.
- To ensure that consumable and non-consumable goods are ordered, correctly stored and issued to the various departments.
- To ensure that staffing levels are correct and to agreed standards and are not exceeded without prior consultation.
- To ensure that company and statutory hygiene standards are maintained in all areas.
- To attend timeously to customer complaints.
- To ensure that reports and administration requirements are timeously submitted.
- To ensure that the Back of the House Department operates effectively and efficiently.
- To hold regular performance appraisals with all management staff, identifying areas for development and training needs, and ensuring that this training is affected.
- To ensure that fair discipline is affected.
- To ensure that the causes of staff grievances are investigated and the appropriate action taken.
- To be fully conversant with all statutory requirements regarding a food and beverage operation that all licenses, including special licences, are timeously applied for and that the conditions affecting the issues of a liquor licence are not jeopardised.
- To ensure that regular stock takes are conducted.
- To prepare and submit on the required format all information necessary for budgeting purposes, timeously and accurately.
- To ensure that an effective table reservation system is in operation.
- To circulate throughout all restaurants, bars and banqueting departments, maintaining a high profile with customers and staff.
- To hold regular staff meetings.
- To be fully aware of trends in the industry and make suggestions for improvement of the catering operation.
- To attend meetings as required.
- To ensure that the most suitably qualified person is appointed in the event of a vacancy — wherever possible this should be an internal promotion.