Tunamaya Beach & Spa Resort - Desaru Coast
26 March 2019
- Manages the daily functions of the department to ensure protection of property assets, associates, guests and property.
- Maintains logs, certifications and documents required by law and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Trains staff in established emergency procedures and implements accident and fire prevention procedures.
- Directs administration and overall operation of the Security Department, in the protection of hotel property, guests and employees and their properties.
- Reports to hotel management and advises unusual behaviours in employees or guests.
- Liaises with management on unusual security measures or events.
- Recommends changed in hotel operating procedures and equipment to reflect better security or protective methods.
- Keeps close watch on department payroll and overtime control.
- Reviews report from Security Officers.
- Liaises with Department Heads on employee behaviour and security measures.
- Establishes procedures and conducts special investigations and surveillance in areas such as internal and external thefts.
- Deals personally with guests and employees concerning loss, damage and accidents incurred and disputes which arise.
- Investigates reported cases and makes recommend actions on settlements to aggrieved individuals.
- Receives and replies to correspondence pertaining to these losses and accidents.
- Periodically inspects all hotel areas for security violations.
- Prepares procedures warrants against employees or guest defrauding hotel or theft of property.
- Liaises with local police on matters of gambling, theft, and special security requirements for unusual events and functions.
- Plans and organises hotel security activities.
- Inspects and evaluates hotel security activities to ensure compliance with security policies and procedures.
- Plans, schedules workloads and establish performance standards. Plans and organises procedures for expanded hotel security.
- Plans and establishes a functional on-the-job training programme for hotel security personnel. Evaluates the effectiveness of training by observations of work performance and written or oral examination. Establishes and maintains a working relationship with local law enforcement agencies.
- Develops a crisis management plan to address potentially violent events.
- Establishes, coordinates and implements a Security Programme for all offices, facilities, departments and functions, consistent with descriptions, duties and responsibilities of the Security Manager and down the line, those of the Security