Tunamaya Beach & Spa Resort - Tioman Island
19 November 2019
- Controlling and directing the food preparation process and any other relative activities.
- Constructing menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings.
- Approving and “polishing” dishes before they reach the customer ensuring high quality and contentment.
- Ensure meals are produced on time, and sufficient quantities are available for the various areas.
- Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages.
- Ensure wastage is minimised by careful supervision of food preparation methods.
- Pay careful attention to the operating budgets of the department to ensure that costs are controlled to maintain the correct levels of spending.
- Ensure proper hygienic storage methods are utilised to prevent food loss.
- Arrange for repairs when necessary.
- Remedy any problems or defects.
- Estimate staff’s workload and compensations.
- Maintain records of payroll and attendance.
- Ensure any staffing issues are resolved fairly and quickly.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Foster a climate of cooperation and respect between co-workers.
- Manage and work closely with other cooks.
- Forecasting supply needs and estimating costs.
- Continued efficiency of the kitchen and production of consistent, quality food.
- Creating innovative cuisine and providing a satisfying culinary experience for guests.
- All product produced by team must be creative and innovative.
- To make sure that kitchens are both clean and organised at all the time.
- Oversee the daily operations of the staff and kitchen.