Front Office Manager
Tunamaya Beach & Spa Resort - Tioman Island
27 September 2019
- Responsible for all front office functions and staff. Areas of responsibility include Bell Staff, Switchboard Operations, Guest Services and Retail/Gift Shop, as applicable.
- As a department head, directs and works with managers and employees to successfully execute all front office operations, including guest arrival and departure procedures.
- Strives to continually improve guest and associate satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department.
- Supervise Reception and Reservations personnel to ensure optimum occupancy and average room rate for the purpose of maximizing revenue.
- Monitors Front Office personnel to ensure guests receive prompt, cordial attention and personal recognition.
- Monitor Front Office personnel, and particularly Guest Relations personnel. Known repeat guests and other VIP receive special attention and personal recognition.
- Establishes and maintains effective employee relations.
- Assists Director of Rooms in personnel related manner such as interviewing, appraising, mentoring, counselling or helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Identify training needs, assists in development formal training plans and implementing training sessions.
- Inspect frequently for cleanliness and orderliness, the lobby, reception and cashier's desk and, on a random basis, VIP rooms prior to arrival.
- Ensures Front Office personnel are treated fairly and equitably.
- Manages Front Office personnel progressive discipline procedures for Front Office Staff.
- Administers the performance appraisal process for direct report managers.
- Interviews and hires Front Office personnel with the appropriate skills and in a timely manner to meet the business needs of the operation.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyses information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Identifies and analyses Front Office operational challenges and facilitates the development of solutions to prevent reoccurrence.