Tunamaya Beach & Spa Resort - Tioman Island
27 September 2019
- Maintaining all areas of the laundry, including laundry processing equipment and linen cupboards in a clean, hygienic and tidy condition.
- Ensuring that all cleaning equipment and materials are maintained in a safe, clean and efficient condition and reporting to the Head Housekeeper where any item of such equipment requires repair or replacement
- Ensuring that all chemicals used in the laundry room are replenished as required and that the Head Housekeeper is made aware of the need to order chemical stocks to ensure the continuous operation of laundry processing.
- Process all household linen and residents’ personal clothing ensuring that items are processed at the correct temperatures according to the type of fabric and that all items are thoroughly cleansed and stain free.
- Ensuring that any items that require thermal disinfection are processed correctly and that infection control policies are strictly adhered to including the correct method of handling items that have been soiled with body products including the use of personal protective equipment.
- Ensure that all items of household linen and guest personal clothing are ironed and pressed as required to maintain a high standard of finished articles.
- Ensure that all items of personal clothing and household linen are in a good state of repair and bringing to the attention of the Head Housekeeper or manager where any items require replacement. Check that personal clothing is clearly labelled with the guest name.
- Returning all household linens and guest personal clothing to linen cupboards or the guest bedrooms as appropriate.
- To understand responsibilities in relation to Fire Procedures, Health and Safety, COSHH, Infection Control and Emergency Aid.
- To undertake such other duties as may be determined from time to time within the general scope of the post and to be aware that social activities connected with the home may require voluntary work attendance outside normal working hours.