Do You Call Yourselves A Tourist or Traveler?
Here's 5 fun facts about the differences between a tourist & traveler! Which one are you?
- A tourist doesn't mind being called a tourist. A traveller does, very much.
- A tourist wants to see all the sights. A traveller wants to see some, but also to find something interesting that isn't in the guidebook.
- A tourist takes photos of all the famous stuff. A traveller takes pictures of ordinary people and things and is rewarded by the locals with gratitude or puzzlement.
- Tourists tend to travel in large groups or families. Travellers tend to travel solo, or with one other person.
- A tourist will learn a few words of the local language. A traveller will too, but act like they know more.